Become a Volunteer
Benefits of Volunteering
- learning or developing a new skill
- being part of your community
- boosting your career options
- provides a sense of purpose
- gaining a sense of achievement
- brings fun and fulfillment
- developing new interests
- increasing valuable life experience
- meeting new people
- making lasting friendships
- inspiring others
Volunteering is about giving your time, energy and skills to something that matters to you. Whether you are supporting a cause, or helping your community, when you volunteer you consciously choose to make a difference.
Examples of things you can volunteer your time for at WLACL include supporting individuals at a recreation or leisure event, assisting with fund raising activities or participating in a work experience / practicum.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities at WLACL, please contact Ian McLaughlin